Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Some Annoying Things about Revenge of the Sith

Although I have loved the Star Wars franchise from a tender age, there are still some things about Revenge of the Sith that annoy the crap out of me. And I think ROTS is the best of the three prequels.

Thus: 'The MOST Annoying things about 'Star Wars III, Revenge of The Sith', a by no means comprehensive list'
  1. The enormous leap the viewer has to make to believe that sooky sooky lala Mr Petulant Anakin somehow transmogrifies into the poster boy for evil, Darth Vader, and all for love!
  2. The way the former QUEEN Amidala and current Senator of the Republic, Padme, moons about the flat waiting for Mr Petulant to come home when she should be off quashing evil foes in her own right.
  3. Anakin's greasy hair - could he wash it, or even comb it?
  4. The fact that none of the characters eat, anything, ever!
  5. That nobody cottons on to the striking similarity between the evil Emperor dude and the Chancellor, amazing what a good hoody can do as a disguise.
  6. No subtitles for the Wookiee speech - we STILL don't know what they're on about.*
  7. Padme's cardboard pregnancy tummy - looks like a giant egg carton segment. Less convincing than Katie Holmes'.
  8. Padme's ridiculous, uncomfortable clothing. I know, the last time I wore 6 metres of fake pearls on my nightie I nearly strangled the cat!

*When I was a kid, living in Florida, I saw a TV show called 'A Very Wookiee Christmas' or something similar. It had subtitles, or maybe it was dubbed, becos the whole show took place on the Wookiee home planet when Chewbacca went home to see his family (Wookiee kids are way cute) and Han Solo and Luke Skywalker dropped in with gifts. Or maybe I dreamt it.

Nope, it's real. Thanks Google, for http://www.locusmag.com/2005/Features/0401_StarWarsDVD.html

2 comments:

Barney World said...

So much more polite than I am! I would notice that no one went to the toilet, but never that no one ate. You'd think that a franchise like say, Starbucks, would have reached a galaxy far far away by now....

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.