Sunday, January 07, 2007

I love my best friend

Because:
she's as funny as fyuck
she loves all the things I love, especially cheese and good wine
she likes my dorky taste in music
she listens to all my stories and reacts as though she's never heard them before
she tells me when I'm being a dick
she accepts my partner and loves him too, even when he's hard work
her kids are cool most of the time, and when they're not, she doesn't pretend they are
she likes my kids, and when they're crazy, she doesn't pretend they're not, or that she can't cope with them
her partner can be an arse and we mostly hate each other and she doesn't get wound up about that
she loves me back

1 comment:

Barney World said...

this IS nice. And i like the bit where you said "does not pretend they are" instead of the more truthful statement "pretends they are street urchins she has taken in out of charity".